[NTLK] Mint condition 2100s at J&K Sales

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 19:25:52 PST

Hi folks,

J&K Sales <http://jksalesinc.com/> is selling an unknown quantity of
mint condition 2100s. I decided to order one to replace my two
FrankenNewts, which will likely be up on eBay shortly.

Well, my 2100 arrived today. It's absolutely pristine. As advertised,
all doors, latches, covers, card blanks, original titanium stylus, etc,
are accounted for. The screen and casing look untouched. No
scratches, dings, dents, fingerprints, sticker residue, or otherwise.
The paint still has visible sparklies. The backlight is blinding. The
pen alignment appears to be accurate so far. It's so nice, I almost
don't want to use it. Almost. :)

It came with an unbranded 4 MB card of unknown origin or history, a 9W
power adapter, and a boxed, unused NiMH battery (still had the end-cap
and sticker on it). Also included is the (still sealed) "Important
information about your MessagePad 2100" packet, with CD-ROM inside.
Basically, all that's missing is the original box.

The price is a little steep ($499 + s/h), but on the other hand, an
unopened 2100 in original box just went for over $700 on eBay, and
never-used batteries are going for $60-70 by themselves. I plan to get
a little bit of money back by selling off my not-quite-as-good previous
Newtons. If you're after a "factory fresh" Newton, this is probably
about as close as you're going to get, unless you get really lucky.

I have no relationship with J&K Sales other than as a (now very
satisfied) customer. This has been a public service announcement. :)

Steven
http://stevenf.com/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html