Re: [NTLK] Installing pkg with webserver

From: Jordi Rosquillas (rosquillas_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 10:41:38 PST

Hi again, I have done this, I downloaded the package from unna and runned i=
trough packager so is correctly shown as "Newton Package", now the thing is
I don=B9t have a way to connect my G4 with my MP2100 so I thought one easy wa=
would be to deliver the package via the apache server built in the machine,
so I put the package available in the server's documents folder and browse
to it with my MP2100's Net Hooper, but when I click in the package, instead
of downloading the package (as it does in the unna files) it gets displayed
as text. In other message there was said that I had to modify the apache
server config so the package gets deliviered (served) as Newton Package, bu=
I don't know how to do this.

This would be a simple way to deliver packages in jaguar for ppl who don=B9t
have serial cables/converters (since newten wont work with ethernet)

Thank you!

el 19/03/2003 12:16, Victor Rehorst , victor_at_newtontalk.net escribi=F3:

> Quoting Jordi Rosquillas <rosquillas_at_yahoo.com>:
>=20
>> Hi, when I go online with my newton I can go into unna files and downloa=
>> package and install it , so I tougth I could do this with my own machin=
>> but didn=B9t worked. The packages show as text. What should I do to use my
>> own
>> machine web server as a simple package downloader? I=B9m using jaguar.
>=20
> The solution is Right On The Front Page Of Every UNNA Site
> (sorry, getting a bit tired after answering this every day for the last f=
ew
> days)
>=20
> http://guelph.unna.org/mac.shtml