Re: [NTLK] Upgrade Silver Orinoco to Gold

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 12:59:00 PST

On Sunday, March 16, 2003, at 11:16 AM, Darrell Greenwood wrote:

> On 3/16/03 at 12:01 PM -0500, Brian Pearce wrote the following :
>
>> (unless
>> your AirPort slot is easily accessible, like in the original iBook)
>
> FWIW, that doesn't work either with the Orinoco Silver Card I have...
> the external antenna assembly on the card prevents the card from
> using the original iBook Airport slot... I am still trying to figure
> out how to upgrade my Silver.

I think it's a TERRIBLE idea to try to use an Apple airport slot for a
normal PCMCIA card!

This is not a supported arrangement and could fry the card or your
computer!

Use a laptop with a real pcmcia card socket. There are lots of these
around.

Also, unless you are using the 128Bit encryption (WEP) then upgrading
to gold does nothing for you whatsoever.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html