Re: [NTLK] WiFi for Newt and PB

From: Nancy Haitz (nhaitz_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 19:08:58 PST

> IOn Friday, March 14, 2003, at 03:16 PM, Larrie Easterly wrote:
>
> I am looking for a WiFi card that will work on both my Newt 2100 and my
> Lombard PowerBook. If it worked on a PC laptop too, that would be
> wonderful but not necessary.

Hi Larrie,

I have a Newt 2100 and a Lombard. The Skyline 802.11b card I have
works in both of them, as well as a 3400 laptop.

When looking for a card, look first and foremost for one that works
with the Newton. The Lombard, which is 32 bit (cardbus) is a little
more flexible, and seems to be backward compatible. The Newton, like
the 3400 (and previous laptops I think) need the 16 bit (PCMCIA) cards.

Clueless on the PC Laptop side...

Nancy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html