Re: [NTLK] Scully invite?

From: pjfraser_at_mac.com
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 10:13:21 PST

Woz likes the newton, because it is a PERSONAL computer in the finest
sense of the word - he told me so. He's extraordinarily approachable,
and i'd guess he'd enjoy giving his opinion of the newt as a personal
computer...

I just dropped him a line and asked whether he'd like to join us.

On Friday, March 14, 2003, at 09:37 AM, Ben Klang wrote:

> What a great idea!
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 12:29, Laird S. Maresch wrote:
>> I agree, that is not a bad idea. Honestly if we were realistic then
>> we would
>> not be using Newtons in the first place. The concept of not going
>> with the
>> rest is what also makes us so important. This small group of dedicated
>> Newton users is in a way a company that takes care of Newtons. How
>> should we
>> go about starting this?
>>
>> Laird
>
> I'd start by figuring out what exactly we want to ask. Given that he
> is
> probably fairly busy, we will want to make sure that what we ask is to
> the point, reasonable, and above all, most relevant to where we want to
> go in the future.
>
> Besides Scully, are there any other contacts we should pursue? Once we
> have the rights to this information, maybe we could speak to some of
> the
> engineers who brought us this green marvel. I'm sure their insight
> would
> be very useful.
>
> -BAK
>

> --
> inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

-- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net

"I have not failed. I have simply discovered what does not work." -
Thomas Edison

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html