Re: [NTLK] Advice requested

From: Newtvana (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 18:00:45 PST

On Sunday, March 9, 2003, at 05:27 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
> on 09/03/03 19:50, Terrence Oblak at toblak_at_keyjoinsoftware.com wrote:
>> What else would you suggest I get?
>> More RAM?
>> Serial Dongle?
>
> The serial dongle plus a USB to serial adapter might also be a good
> addition to get the required Ethernet drivers onto your Newton.

Get the serial dongle. It's the basis for bootstrapping your machine in
case something goes wrong.

You can't technically get 'More RAM' in the traditional computer sense.
You can get a RAM card that will allow you to have more storage on your
Newt, but the amount RAM doesn't affect the speed of the Newton in the
same way as say a desktop machine.

I would also suggest investing $20 in a screen protector. I just bought
a pack from NuShield and it's been great knowing that my Newton's
screen is protected.

http://www.nushield.com/products_main_newton.htm

If you do get these, also pick up the Kleer-Screen wipes when you check
out. A single sheet is way too much for the Newton, but I used it to
also clean my iBook and my SO's TiBook. And her iPod. :)

...Ross...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html