[NTLK] Getting connected???

From: Kevin Cotter (cotterkevin_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 15:32:51 PST

Hi
Thanks for the help with music on newtons. I've now got Sound Icons!
Next step is internet connection.
On the off chance I tried an old PC laptop Xircom 56 card modem. My Newton
2000 recognised it as a com card .. I set up the Internet Setup using the
details from my desktop. No mention of login scripts so I left them blank.
At dial up it made the connection, star appeared at the top of the screen,
modem dongle flashed green but with both Nethopper and inet it halted at
"looking for host" and apart for murdering the battery did nothing else.
I hope that there is some simple step I've missed.
Help very welcome.
Kevin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html