[NTLK] Playing with unixnpi and nitro

From: Damien Batstone (djb_at_er.dtu.dk)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 06:00:50 PST

Hi All,

I've been working with nitro and unixnpi under cygwin to have a go at
getting the two talking via IRDA. I've patched the 57600 package without
too many worries to use ircm instead, and it seems to work. I mean it
doesn't crash the newton or give errors; I haven't yet checked whether it
sends a valid serial IRDA stream out. I am having trouble with the unixnpi
source. I can't find any mnp stuff in there. It just uses read(newtFd,
&buf, 1), where newtFd is the device (Comx), buf is the single char buffer,
and 1 is the length. Likewise (write(newtFd, &buf, 1) for writing.

Am I completely out or something? Can anyone give me hints?

Cheers,

Damien

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html