[NTLK] help with MP130 and Windows XP

From: Laird S. Maresch (laird_at_iheka.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 23:10:49 PST

Hi, new to Newton Talk.

I have been trying to transfer packages to my MP130 and I am able to transfer small packages of 35k or less but any programs bigger seems to hang up and then the connection is lost. In detail what happens is I see the transfer bar slowly crawling on the newton and the bar on the windows side moves also then all of the sudden about one quarter to one half of the way through the tranfer, the window on the PC closes and then the transfer bar on the newton stops. Then the newton notifies that the connection was lost. I have tried all the settings I can find under my serial port settings and nothing seems to help.

Currently I am using a Sony Vaio R-505 with a docking station and connecting with the Newton Serial Cable with Newton connection utilities 2.0 plus I updated the 2.0 with the update I found on UNNA.

Thanks in advance for any help! I will be getting my mac in a few weeks but I really need to update and get started on my newton for traveling.

Laird

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html