Re: [NTLK] Return Stroke?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 13:33:39 PST

in the note pad, select the keyboard icon on the
bottom, then select the open book icon on the lower
left. From there, enter in your expansions of
additional words. be aware that you are limited to the
number of expansions you can enter. I recommend you
get alt.rec. This will not only give you the
capability to have more expansions, but it will help
in your recognition (printed only, not cursive)
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- David-Michael Cook <bluefusion_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Pardon the ignorance, but how does one do this
> "adding shortcuts to the
> dictionary?" I'm on NewtOS 2.1, 2100....
>
> On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 04:17 PM, Laurent
> Daudelin wrote:
> > I did add a shortcut to my dictionary. I'm using
> the paragraph sign,
> > which
> > is roughly an inverted 'P' or close to a '9'. I
> set it to do a return,
> > so
> > when I want a return at the end of the line, I
> write the paragraph
> > sign and
> > voila, a return!
> >
> > -Laurent.

=====
"A spirit of national masochism prevails, encouraged by the impudent core of effete snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals"
 - Spiro Agnew, 1970