Re: [NTLK] OK, Ethernet it is

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 23:57:28 PST

on 3/5/03 7:32 AM, Peter Cameron at pdwc_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> The only way this software can be moved
> from one Newton to another is via a backup and since it has to go on the
> internal store a restore (which wipes out what is already on the internal
> store) is required.

Restores do not wipe out what is already there. They only replace what is
the same. So, if you only restore packages, only those packages that are
duplicates will be "wiped out" but since they are duplicates, it's no big
deal. In any case, I have done this, and I didn't lose any data. None.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland