[NTLK] More dead battery talk

From: Bill Miranda (txgitarman_at_attbi.com)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 19:33:14 PST

I returned the battery pack that I could not get to charge in my MP
2100 to J&K Sales. They tested the battery on another MP in their shop
and it charged up. So, it looks like the problem is with my Newton and
not the battery. The Newton works fine with AA batteries so I guess
that's what I'll continue to use. Still, I hate hearing that my little
green friend has "issues." Anybody ever heard of such a thing? To
review, when I plugged in the Newton with the 9W adapter and inserted
the battery pack, the battery meter on Avi's Backdrop shows NiMH as
the battery type. It starts something called a preliminary charge then
it fast charges for a few minutes then it switches to trickle charge
but the battery has not been charged enough to even start the Newton.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html