Re: [NTLK] Large HD and ATA Drivers

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 02:40:21 PST

Il me semble que le 3/3/03 à 18:27 -0800, Chris Lang nous racontait:
>I just received a 5 GB Kingston Datapak PC Card Portable 1.8" Harddrive,
>just giving a spin with Paul's drivers, I will let eveyone know how
>things turn out!
>
>Any have any suggestions of the sector and cache size? I have most of my
>apps on external storage and I have currently them both set to 220.

220 is probably too high, I mean that it probably slows down the
Newton more than accelerating it because that memory is stolen from
the Newton's package cache (like any large chunk of memory you would
allocate from C++).

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/