Re: [NTLK] unna Google search doesn't work

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 11:15:55 PST

On 2/12/03 2:49 PM, "Grant Hutchinson" <grant_at_splorp.com> wrote:

> In a previous message, Robert Benschop typed vigorously:
>
>> Just did and it works like a charm, still have to click on your link and
>> after have to change 'remote' into another search term.
>> Is there another, more elegant, way to do this?
>
> Create a new bookmark in your browser and paste the following JavaScript
> string into the URL field. Anytime you want to search across all of the
> *.unna.org domains, just select this bookmark.
>
> javascript:void(q=prompt('Enter%20text%20to%20search%20for:',''));if(q){l='
> unna.com';void(location.href='http://www.google.com/search?q='+escape(q)+'&
> as_sitesearch='+escape(l));}
>
> g.

I can't get the script above to work.

After you type in you search criteria and click "OK", Google says
[Your search - newton connection utilities site:unna.com - did not match any
documents.
No pages were found containing "site:unna.com".]

Is this the right script?

Am I having trouble because I'm using Safari?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html