Re: [NTLK] UPDATE Contest over , some ?'s

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 04:56:54 PST

on 03-03-2003 5:32, This Old Newt at rich_at_thisoldnewt.net wrote:

> I will say this last round was a bit of a flop. There were fewer than 75
> persons who even tried the last round. I Thought that with the 1000+ just on
> this list that there would be at least 4-500 players. There were never that
> many players in any of the rounds. (180 max)

That makes for quite a range, unless you meant 400-500 players ;-)

> Why? I dont know. We gave away several licences to titles like NSBasic,
> InkSpot, Address Access and all of Catamounts Titles, Batterys for 2100,
leather CAses, UNNA CD's, T-Shirts, NewtsCape, and even Newtons.

I know I participated every time and had fun doing it, but maybe I'm just
greedy :-)

> Were the questions to hard?

Some were definitely hard and silly this time, not always a lucky
combination... Still have no idea about that color question.

> Were the prizes that lousy?

Absolutely not, they were great!

> Did the contest run too long?

Not to my taste, but that's quite personal I guess.

> Do people just not care?

Might be, I do but it's hard to speak for others, especially the not
interested since they rarely speak out, comes with the job description...

> Did anyone know about it?

Think you had to be blind to miss it.

> Have all the new list members ever seen the site? Are the old Newt sites just
> no longer exciting enough?

No idea, for newbies to answer I guess.

> Just a few thoughts to see if its worth the effort to try and run again next
> year.

I would love it, enjoy it every time and would find it a real pity to see it
go.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html