[NTLK] Messagepad sound not working

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 14:14:12 PST

>> My message pad's sound doesn't seem to work. I can turn the volume up
>> all the way and still nothing. Any ideas?

Ok. Now that we know it's a 130:

Tap Prefs - Sound

Are "Pen sound effects" and "Action sound effects" both checked?
Is the volume slider set to the rightmost position?

If both is the case, you should hear at least a sound when you
tap somewhere with the pen.

If you don't, I'd suggest doing a full backup and a hard reset
afterwards. Try if the sound works before you restore. If the
sound does not work, it is probably a hardware problem.

The most likely one is that one of the speaker wires is torn
off, pinched or squeezed. See

http://www.pda-soft.de/130_disassemble.html for info about how
to get the bottom case part off.

If all looks ok, it might be the speaker. In that case drop me
a line, I could send you one to try if this would fix things.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html