Re: [NTLK] Erratic keyboard

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 08:23:00 PST

On Sunday, March 2, 2003, at 08:49 AM, Peter Cameron wrote:

> Have you had any other problems with the interconnect port or the
> dongle?

I just got the dongle for the express purpose of using the keyboard, so
I have no other experience with it.

[...]
> Troubleshooting:
> 1. If the Newton turns on when you put the dongle (with nothing
> attached
> to it) into the interconnect port then the port is probably fine.

Tried it: it turns on.

> 2. Test the dongle with something other than the keyboard _ a
> serial
> connection for example. Try installing a package via serial. If that
> works
> OK then the dongle and the interconnect port are still among the living
> leaving problems with the keyboard as the likely culprit.

Unfortunately, my serial cable is one of those with the dongle
built-in, that is, it connects directly to the interconnect port
without a dongle. Maybe I can measure resistance across the dongle, and
see if all pins at the DIN-side have a match at the interconnect-side.

--
Hans Derycke
E pur si muove