[NTLK] pammaxx@yahoo.com Bad Seller on eBay

From: Ron R. Silva (ronsilvar_at_husky-net.net)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 21:19:20 PST

> Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:07:29 -0700
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] pammaxx_at_yahoo.com Bad Seller on eBay
> From: T. <midgard_at_dragon.org>
>=20
> You know, what I find most ironic about this situation is that this
> seller must be on this group, or else how could she have known I posted
> this notice to the group? The user did an "investigation" on me with
> eBay and pulled up my personal information. In doing so, she caused
> eBay to send a copy of the investigation to my email account. I am sure
> there is a law about public information being released as public
> information versus a right to privacy. Since she is lurking on the
> group, no doubt this discussion is being monitored by her like a
> vulture waiting for it to die.. So I won't bother to get personal here
> as to other parts of the nasty-grams she has sent me.

 Tim,
Below is a post I tried to send earlier ( my second try) My email setup is
wrong and forget to change them before I send it. It keeps getting bounced.
It is I who let the "cat out of the bag". Her email address was there so I
took the opportunity to find out what happened. I was not amused an eBay
seller could be screwing around and possibly cheating people of their money=
.
I wanted to hear her side of things. I detail what was said below.

> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 07:32:23 -0500
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] pammaxx_at_yahoo.com Bad Seller on eBay
> From: Mark Rollins <mark_at_mrollins.com>
>=20
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] pammaxx_at_yahoo.com Bad Seller on eBay
>=20
> As someone with perhaps the longest experience with eBay (and who has som=
> WILD and RARE Newton stuff on there now - under 'markcih' as seller, ends
> Sunday!!) here's some comments about how to interpret an eBayer from item
> descriptions and comments. Your mileage may vary.
>=20
> First, "pammaxx_at_yahoo.com" ain't "she" - it is "Mahoning Liquidators" but=
 as
> near as I can tell not a 'real' company. The contact is "Jack" not "Pam".
>=20
> They have a 'quaint' shipping policy of the following "I DO NOT EMAIL
> CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT,RECEIPT OF PAYMENT , SHIPPING DATE AND TRACKING
> NUMBERS . "
>=20
> Also, anything you buy is a crapshoot "For all of our computer and
> electronic devices they are in "untested, as is" because we cannot test a=
ll
> items ourselves. " Like they can't plug something in and see if it works?
> Curiously it seems as if almost all electronics they sell are things with
> "No power Supply" or "....no power cord".
>=20
> True they have some negative feedback, but my "eBay spider sense' tingles
> when you see a buyer assert there's a receipt for a MO that was cashed. A=
lso
> there have been 2 bid retractions.
>=20
> My rule of thumb is that I'll usually e-mail someone (buyer or seller) wi=
th
> even 1 negative feedback, and ask why. Sometimes there's a simple
> explanation, which sounds reasonable. Other times I'm told to 'get bent'
> which means 'sure, I'll take my business elsewhere'.
>=20
> Remember, you are often buying from someone you have never met, and often=
 do
> not know where they are from, nor even their gender. Personally I'd avoid
> this.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>> From: T. <midgard_at_dragon.org>
>>=20
>> Hi all. I have been contacted via e-mail by the seller. She is
>> threatening to seek legal action if I don't retract my comments. So,

Hi All and Tim,
I too am a long time eBay seller and cringe when I hear someone is getting
the raw deal or worse his or her money is stolen. When I buy I always check
out the feedback. This person has negative feedback nearing 10% which is to
me, unacceptable. I would at the very least request a phone number that is
verifiable this usually will get no response and you go on to the next
seller.

I initially sent Tim's post to [pammaxx_at_yahoo.com] to solicit a response an=
hear her side of the story as she stands accused of nefarious transactions.
I received two very interesting replies. (1) Pamela: "Ron, thank you so ver=
much. This cat is pulling a scam. He got the item and he is trying to get
his money back through paypal. " then, (2) An offer to buy macintosh items
and she'll "hook me up". I responded that I would take my business elsewher=
because of her negative feedback.

I hope this is a lesson to all to please check at least sellers feedback
history. If it's 3% or under your transaction has better chance to
successfully come to a positive conclusion. Also, re-read their selling
policies, she/he or it seems to be telling you their goods are essentially
crap. So caveat emptor.

<advice>
One more thing, if you do get stung don't personally call people thief,
liar, robber etc. Just state the facts. But, then again it sure does feel
good to get that off your chest and call them a miserable cheatin scoundrel
of a hounddog, you %#@*! blankety blank blank. Name calling feels SOOOOO
good! Just remember the inappropriate use of personal attacks could cause
you to be held liable for those remarks. But, what you said on this board
seems to me, wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Just let it go....
Just my .02=A2=20
</advice>

G'Luck,
 Ron

Ps I suggested to "Pam" to come on this board and explain "her" side. So fa=
nothing but then again, I think Millicent has the best idea: "The best way
to handle disputes on ebay is to use squaretrade, which is has a link on
ebay. You and the seller can use mediation, instead of getting involved in
litigation. Good luck."
R-

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html