Re: [NTLK] Speak Text Volume Control

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 08:04:49 PDT

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:02:00AM -0400, David Deranian wrote:
> Hi Everybody-
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to turn the volume up or down when
> using Speak Text? It seems there is only one volume, which is quite
> loud. The master volume control slider in Extras does not seem to
> effect how loud or soft the computer voice is, even if you turn the
> master volume all the way down. If there's no built-in solution, is
> there any 3rd party Package that would provide this functionality?

hmm... mine allows the volume to be adjusted, but it has no effect
while the newt is actually speaking. It changes the NEXT time that
something is said. Also, if you're using Talking Alarms, that has an
override that will maximize the volume for speech, overriding the system
volume, if not checked.

--
27. I will never build only one of anything important. All important systems
    will have redundant control panels and power supplies. For the same reason