[NTLK] MSoft ebook format

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 03:29:59 PDT

so, to try and bolster what I assume is flagging use of its ebook format,
MSoft has 3 ebooks a week up for free downloads (couple recent titles, the
HHGTTG, and "The Face in the Frost" an oldie that is still one of my
favorites). They don't have the past weeks files up for download, just the
3 for the current week, but I'm sure they are on the web somewhere. Yes
the HHGGTG can be found in Newtonbook format already...

I'm not a ebook person really but if there's a way to get the text out of
these, or if the MSoft reader will let you convert them to the Palm format
(I have no idea :) they could go into Newtonbooks for Newtonbook users, or
be read with Steve Weyer's Plam format plugin. Feasible?

<http://www.microsoft.com/reader/promotions/free_shop.asp>

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html