[NTLK] [ANN] DCL nightly builds

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 03:53:24 PDT

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce DCL nightly builds.
These are not completely perfect and don't include tests yet, but
they seem to work so far.

Every night at 3:15 if I don't power it off or if it is connected to
the Internet, Droopy, my PowerBook, will build the DCL if there was
any change in the CVS repository and upload the whole thing here:
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/nightlies/droopy/

There is a .tgz that includes source code, documentation and all
binaries that were compiled successfully.

There is also an XML file detailing how the build succeeded. Some day
we might write an XSLT to present it in a readable form.

There was some glitch so you'll find working binaries in the item
currently there but the documentation isn't perfect. It will be
better tomorrow night.

For your information, the nightly build script is actually included
in the CVS repository.

Also, there might be another directory for nightly builds from
another machine, probably running Linux or something like this.

Please note that DCL nightly builds are nightly builds. This means
it's like pulling the code from CVS and compiling yourself, it's not
a daily release of stable and tested software.

Also, there is no CodeWarrior nightly build yet. I'm not sure there
will ever be one because it's quite a lot of work and if I run
nightly builds on another machine, I wouldn't have the right to use
CW on it.

Finally, Escale application doesn't mention the nightly build
timestamp. If you report a bug, please just get latest nightly build
to confirm that it's still there.

Regards,

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/