Re: [NTLK] Compatibility questions: wireless and ATA

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 14:35:24 PDT

Il me semble que le 27/07/03 à 14:10 -0700, Rhonda Hyslop nous racontait:
>First, ATA: I heard something about a new RC coming out soon?

Yes. I fixed MP1x0 issues and I worked quite a lot on the eMate
problem. I try to fix both of these problems at the same time. I also
would prefer to do some testing, but since I know a lot of MP1x0
users are waiting, I'll release a thrill seeker build and test it
myself for a few days before I do an official RC6 release.

>Does the PCMCIA adaptor a camera store would sell you with it work well?

Normally, it should work.
The only problem at the moment is that some cards are slower than
others. Still, a lot of them work, AFAIK.

>Second, wireless: With the compatibility list in front of me, I'm
>wondering if the Orinoco Gold and the Lucent WaveLAN Gold are the same
>thing...

I'm pretty confident they're the same thing although I don't have an
Orinoco Gold. Orinoco is the new name of Lucent Wavelan cards.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/