Re: [NTLK] Programming the "Names" soup

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 23:38:30 PDT

Il me semble que le 25/07/03 à 23:27 -0700, Nowhere Man nous racontait:
>any ideas? do i need to do more than just add the entries to the
>"Names" soup?

I've never coded for NOS 1.x, so I don't know how different it is from 2.x.
However, the very fact that the entries you added show up differently
than other entries suggest that there is a problem in the data you
added. On NewtonOS 2.x, there is no need for doing anything else but
adding the entry.

I know that Names soup entries are redundant regarding the name on
NewtonOS 2.x. It's possible that it's the same with NewtonOS 1.x and
you're not putting the name everywhere it should be put. Try to
inspect your entries and the entries added with Names application to
compare them.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/