Re: [NTLK] newton with a disk drive?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 11:16:42 PDT

I had a floppy drive connector on my AT&T EO. Not
really that much of a stretch considering that it was
a parallel port connector and a driver that allowed
the EO to use the floppy drive connected to it.
I enjoyed using this floppy drive on several other
machines as well. I had a bunch of old Compaq Aeros
which didn't have built in floppy drives, and the
docking station was always at the other end of the
building, carrying around this parallel port floppy
worked well.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Sasa Radojcic <sasa.radojcic_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >I've never seen this in any faq: Has anyone ever
> been
> >able to connect a floppy disk drive to a newton (or
> >any other PDA for that matter)?
> >
> A few years ago I owned an HP 200LX, wonderful
> machine, by the way.
> It was then possible to buy an adapter to attach a
> floppy drive to
> it. It was also possible to buy another adapter to
> attach a parallel
> port and through it other parallel-port devices,
> like
> parallel-port-floppy's and harddisk's as well!. From
> what I recal
> reading in a magazine users have been quite fond of
> these adapter
> (but they weren't really cheap 8-( , otherwise I
> would have bought
> them myself.)
>
> Greeting
>
> Sascha

=====
"Liberals don't care about the environment. The core of environmentalism is a hatred for mankind. They want mass infanticide, zero population growth, reduced standards of living and vegetarianism. Most crucially, they want Americans to stop with their infernal deodorant use. "
 - Anne Coulter Op Ed piece on Global Warming