Re: [NTLK] Door Clips, Anyone?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 09:22:18 PDT

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:16:26PM -0500, Michael Detlefsen wrote:
> Ahhh. I'd never looked at those things very closely. They are indeed
> clips. What is the failure mode?

The clip has a springy bit inside that both holds the clip into it's
little socket and also puts tension on the door. The springy bit is
really robust in the "putting tension on the door" direction, but
fragile in "things getting caught on the clip" directions, and can then
snap. Then the door clip falls out of it's little holder.

--
74. When I create a multimedia presentation of my plan designed so that my
    five-year-old advisor can easily understand the details, I will not label