Re: [NTLK] Recelled battery

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 14:01:01 PDT

------------------
> INCLUDED IS AN UNHEARD OF 1 YEAR WARRANTY
>
>This is in fact unusual, and I like this idea. It wouldn't hurt, though,
>to inquire which services are included warranty-wise before you bid.

Unless the 'warranty(full or limited?)' is backed by an 'insured and bonded
third-party', it's whatever the seller wants it to be. The 'implied'
coverage is 'a working product' as per auction description, but the auction
is vague.
------------------
>Personally I find even the starting bid a bit steep and the buy it now sum
a bad joke. You should be aware that there are people out there who will
refurbish any dead battery pack they are sent with 1850 mAh cells at 35 USD
plus shipping (see
>http://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html
>for details).
>
>Frank

Thank you Frank. In the archive at www.newtontalk.net , you have many
satisfied NTLK customers and even a few sad but true and funny stories
about how you toiled at 'recelling' and dealt with trolls at shipping them
back. :-D

I have ten NiMH packs, I guess you'll see them in 3-4 years. ;-)

!ooW %-) www.lanug.org
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html