[NTLK] OT - Off topic - Royalties

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 17:31:40 PDT

> In fact I do pay royalties for each cd-r I buy, because I *might* use
it to
> copy copyrighted stuff, no matter if I do, or if I am allowed to or
not.

In Germany there are two types of CD-R's. Those for which you pay
royalties
and those for which you don't. Their only difference is the price, the
latter
type is cheaper. Hence pretty much nobody uses the CD-R's with royalties

included in the purchase price. If you actually use CD's of this type
for
every audio CD you copy: Respect! You are probably one of less than a
dozen
in Germany.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de