Re: [NTLK] The Serial dongle is reborn in FireWire form!

From: Andrew Pasulka (anp919_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 18:32:06 PDT

> Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:37:49 -0500
> Subject: [NTLK] The Serial dongle is reborn in FireWire form!
> From: Henry Stukenborg <hjstukenborg_at_mac.com>
>
> http://www.sendstation.com/
>
> As it was for Newton users, so shall it be for iPod users!

That was exactly my first reaction when I saw the new iPods. "Oh,
great, another icky proprietary connection. When will Apple learn?"
Couldn't they have just put a 6-pin firewire plug in the bottom of the
iPod for the dock? I know, the other thirty pins will turn the lights
on and off in the house, dial the police when the iPod is stolen, and
make me forget my lonely existence.

Sorry, I've been going OT a lot lately. I'll shut up now.

Andy

--
Hit it on the 57!
                                            Andy Pasulka