Re: [NTLK] copying memory cards

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 03:38:01 PDT

------------------
>Having been burned by a failed memory card, I wonder what the best
>solution is for copying (as opposed to backing up) the packages and
>soups on a linear flash card to a second card.

My fav. is SBM Utilities. Also multiple backups on one card store.
------------------
>I thought I could do it through NCU, but that option doesn't seem to be
>there. When I tried to accomplish it by backing up the internal and
>card stores, then restoring them to the newton with a different card in
>the open slot, it didn't work, though it seems like it should.

The 'store name' has to be identical.
------------------
>Any other solutions? I thought this was something SBM Utilities might
>do, but I couldn't find a reference to such a function in the readme
>files. I know there must be a way to do this, though...
>
>Ed

Yup, SBM Utilities. We could meet one night at Shorehouse Cafe on PCH at
Main St. in Seal Beach and I'll show ya.

!ooW %-) www.lanug.org
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
A NewtonAddict on MacAddictYr2003!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html