Re: [NTLK] developing on Newton

From: Scotty Technoir (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 12:34:13 PDT

On 9.7.2003 3:18 pm, "suppaman" <suppaman_at_softhome.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've just got a 2100 and I would like to write some apps that are useful to
> me.
>
> Is there a developing environment for linux ? I've seen debian has got lpkg to
> upload packages but how do I create them?

great, we always need new developers. there is no native linux environment
however you can use Basilisk to emulate Macintosh. get the OS 7.5.3 [?]
image from unna [in the dev directory] and use that with Basilisk. it has
the developer files you need included with it [Newton Toolkit, etc]. Also
you can get Newt from Stever Weyer's site and try some Newtonscript right on
the Newton. Use NewtPack to save compiled newtonscripts as pkgs.

happy hacking,
scotty technoir

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html