Re: [NTLK] Fund raising: Philz's back on tracks

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 15:38:28 PDT

On 2003-07-08 at 15:20:35, Keith McComb wrote:
> Got a question for you, Paul: do you think he could use a 2000? I've got
> perfectly good one with the battery cage. I use my 2100 exclusively, so I
> never even touch the 2000 anymore. (Heck, I've got a 130 as well, but
I'll
> admit that I'm loathe to give that one up, given that it was my first
> Newton. Sentimental reasons, doncha know. *grin*)

I'm sure that upgrading a 2000 is less expensive than buying a new 2100, so
that could save people some money. $135 has already been pledged (unless I
can't add or missed somebody) along with a SER-001 from PCBman in another
thread. Surely that's enough to get your 2000 upgraded and shipped to
Poland. For $60, you could get a worn 2100 from J&K and swap out the
motherboards or for $110, get a slightly less worn 2100 with an AC adapter,
rechargeable battery, and the original stylus. Surely if money is tight,
Philz would appreciate not having to get new batteries all the time.

> If that would work, let me know. I can't supply the dongle or any of the
> other things he'd need, but the 2000 would probably be helpful. If you
> think it would be a solution, then send me a provate e-mail with his
> address, and I'll donate it to the cause. (Donations to me would, of
> course, be graciously accepted...LOL.)

The SER-001 should take care of his connective needs and as long as the 2000
works, it should be upgradeable.

Unfortunately, I have no money to donate to anyone now. Just the above
ideas.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html