Re: [NTLK] Newton article, "Happy Birthday, Newton!"

From: Juan Mariscal (juanm_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 19:47:24 PDT

I like the article very much.

I was at that MacWorld in Boston (aaah, the good old days) and haven't
missed a MacWorld Boston or New York since). I remember clearly the
Newton being available at that MacWorld. What was amazing was how the
ComputerTown (a former only Mac computer store based in Boston and New
Hampshire) booth was swamped with buyers. After buying the Newton, all
the buyers just plopped down on the floor opened the box and started
playing with their Newtons. It was an amazing sight. Something I don't
think Apple has duplicated since. Why? Because no one has the announced
products on the day of the announcements anymore! I don't even think
the iPod was available the day it was announced. Many times at MacWorld
when I see a new product I buy it. I think Apple could have done this
very successfully with a lot of products. Why don't they? cause they
want to keep it secret and then let people wait and wait and wait ...
like the G5. (lots of order even though it won't be out until the last
week of August).

aaah, the good old days, August, MacWorld and Boston

Why not set up a reunion for MacWorld NYC This July or better yet ...
get a bunch of folks together in Boston! i would be there!

Juan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html