Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #62

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 20:07:22 PST

on 31/01/03 22:40, Max Talbot-Minkin at mtalbot-minkin_at_middlesex.edu wrote:

> 1) Is there any keypad keyboard for use in Works Calculations? Cause it
> sure as heck don't accept HWR, not that I'd want to write out f(x) anyway.

I'm not sure if that would work, but you could try to install HWRWorks from
StandAlone which lets you write with the pen.

> 2) Also, I'd love a (preferrably FREE) MineSweeper game to pass away the
> time in class.

Check on UNNA <http://www.unna.org/>.

-Laurent.

Brooks's Law prov.: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it
later" -- a result of the fact that the expected advantage from splitting
development work among N programmers is O(N) (that is, proportional to N),
but the complexity and communications cost associated with coordinating and
then merging their work is O(N^2) (that is, proportional to the square of
N). The quote is from Fred Brooks, a manager of IBM's OS/360 project and
author of "The Mythical Man-Month" (Addison-Wesley, 1975, ISBN
0-201-00650-2), an excellent early book on software engineering.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html