Re: [NTLK] culinary question

From: Andrew Beals (bandy_at_cinnamon.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 14:26:22 PST

Not that I have anything but a month's worth of experience in the mid-nineties
 regarding the area, but waaay back when, there was a fabulous bakery on the
main drag in Magog/Orford, which would be a shorter trip from Burlington than
Sherbrooke - basically right on the way. I ate the second-best apple pie I've
ever had in my life [the best being Grandma's of coursee] that I bought from
the bakery. Run by English-speaking people back then. Left side of the road
as you head east, couple of blocks down from the supermarket, but before the
package store.

As to poutine, I can't remember where the heck it was that I had it, but it
was darn good -- some place the wife's cousin the tax collector took us to.
While you're up that way, make sure to have a "smoked meat" sandwich or four.
Better yet, continue on to Quebec City, and eat at the traditional food place
[red&white sign], something like "Cuisine d' l' Anciens Canadiennes". It's in
the old section of town and serves really good stick to your ribs food, the
kind guaranteed to get you through their winters. Pea soup. Tourtiere.
Cider. Unghlalehguhgunalgunhnagunahghng.... </drool>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html