Re: [NTLK] DHCP working with Orinoco Wireless/ABS? (was Re: questions on Newton

From: Bill Miranda (wmiranda_at_softhome.net)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 19:49:58 PST

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 09:20 PM, Darrell Greenwood wrote:
> The DHCP configuration on my Newton doesn't work for some reason
> through the wireless card. It does through a ordinary Ethernet card.
> Any thoughts out there on what I need to fix? Is it the driver? Is it
> the card? Is it the configuration? Or something else?

I use an Asante wireless router instead of an airport. On the slip that
comes up when you insert the wireless card, I have set it up as
follows: I checked the box that says "Use card for Apple Talk." On
internet setup I have set the configuration for "DHCP server". I left
the domain name as <None>. If i enter a domain name it doesn't work.

I can't think what else might be the problem. I could never get simple
mail to work but I did get enroute working. I had to switch mail
accounts that I use to connect with my Newton because my .Mac account
and my attbi account required a secure connection.

I don't know if there's anything there that's helpful but that's what
my says and it works.

Bill

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html