Re: [NTLK] upgrade questions

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 12:56:54 PST

on 19/01/03 15:37, Tad Crohn at t.crohn_at_attbi.com wrote:

> Dear fellow Newton users,
>
> I would appreciate any help with the following:
>
> 1. I bought an iMac. Is there any hope of using Newton Connection
> Utilities on my MP2100 with it and if so, how?
>
> 2. Is there any way to connect to a modern printer? I have a Canon 520
> inkjet that only has a USB port.
>
> 3. Anyone heard of a good place to buy some 30 mb cards?
>
> 4. Is there any way to connect a Newton to a DSL line?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Tad Crohn
> tadcrohn_at_attbi.com

Check the FAQ (URL at the bottom of this message) where you'll find answers
to most of your questions, specially the connection. Alternatively, you
might find more answers at WikiWikiNewt
<http://guelph.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/>.

No, you can't print directly to your USB printer. I was thinking: would
using a Keyspan USB-serial adapter would work? Anybody tried this?

To connect your Newton to DSL, you need an Ethernet card in your Newton and
then you simply connect an Ethernet cable to your DSL modem.

-Laurent.

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes
willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian
format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI
problem.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html