Re: [NTLK] transfer a backup M2K addy to emate?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 11:43:10 PST

on 19/01/03 14:12, Alex at admeddemda_at_f-m.fm wrote:

> I currently have no M2K, as I gave the last one to a friend who likes
> it too much to give it back. Not local, so I have no way of using it.
> And now with so few on ebay and rising prices, I think I'd rather
> just stick with my emate.
> So I only have the backup of my M2K on my mac.
> I'd like to trasfer the names portion to emate.
> But newton connection utilities wont allow me to transfer the M2K
> file to the emate.

Why isn't NCU allowing you to restore to your eMate? Did you make sure the
eMate has the same owner name than what you had on your MP2K? That's the
only thing I can see. Were your names on the internal memory or on an
external card? If you check in the Backup folder within the NCU folder, you
should see your backup file. The internal ones are named from the owner
name, in Owner Info. The other backup files, if any, will have the name you
gave to the PCMCIA flash RAM card that you had in the Newton at the time of
the backup.

Now, if you can be a little bit more specific when NCU doesn't allow you to
restore your names, maybe we could help.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html