[NTLK] Anybody want a PPC disassembly of the InkWell framework?

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 21:14:45 PST

   So, anybody who really knows their PPC assembly opcodes want to take
a crack a reverse-engineering InkWell? I just had fun running 'otool
-tvV Ink' where Ink is the InkWell framework.. The only saving grace
it that for bl ocodes (branch of some kind), it tells you what the
symbol is for the hex address, and periodically there are juicy-looking
routine names in the code like _InkNewPhraseWordGroup..

   God, that would make a killer project for my assembly class: port
Jaguar's InkWell to the 68000 chip! (And, if I didn't die trying,
promptly either get sued by Apple, or hired on the spot..)

Jim

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html