Re: [NTLK] Newton cost of ownership -HELP!

From: Ian Moffatt (ianmoff_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 10:41:28 PST

> iMacs from a few years ago (266mhz with just 96mb of RAM).
> I'm thinking that OS X might be a little too taxing for our old
> machines.

I run one of these (albeit with 160mb RAM) and 10.2.3. A tad slower
than my mates 17'' flat panel iMac but worth it for the stability and
gorgeous look of X apps etc. Perhaps someone near you could lend you a
copy of OS X to try for yourself. Then if it works for you then get it
on your birthday/christmas present list!

Then again if you don't need to upgrade . . .

Ian

--
http://homepage.mac.com/ianmoff
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html