[NTLK] A Modest Proposal

From: THX 1138 (1f2frfbf_at_newted.org)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 07:06:34 PST

Well, since I'm finally back, I thought I'd go ahead and jump in with
both feet and float an idea I've been rolling about for a while now.

I'm thinking about bringing back my webpage, Newton Connections, but
in a slightly different format. Instead of a single person doing all
the work (and consequently getting really burned out) I'd like to
have a multiple reporter format, wherein several people are allowed
to submit articles and notes on what is happening in the Newton world
at large. This has the dual benefits of spreading the duties out a
bit more so one guy isn't doing all the work, and allows for the page
to continue if someone, for whatever reason, decides to leave. The
others could continue and recruit a new "reporter."

For examples of this kind of news page you can look at
www.boingboing.net, www.typographi.ca, and, to a certain extent,
Slashdot and MetaFilter.

I'm considering using BloggerPro, and the Newted Community, just to
keep things easy.

I'm not looking to roll over anyone's personal webpage, or take over
anything, I'm just thinking of a way to keep a sustainable news
source for the community, considering the way pages seem to come and
go.

Any discussions, pro or con I'd be happy to hear. Also, if you're
interested in being a reporter (no, it's not a paying job) can also
pipe in.

Anxiously awaiting your responses,

--
ben.