Re: [NTLK] PowerBook IrDA adapter that works with a Newt?

From: Marco Mailand (N_at_abasurf.ch)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 07:27:26 PST

"Donald Wilson" wrote @ 28.1.2003 15:23 Uhr / <marchie_at_mac.com>:
> Now all we have to do is get a Package installer in OS X to use the
> IrDA, and we're set. NewTen might do it already, depending on how the
> driver is setup.
I don't believe that the IrDA protocol of the Newton is compatible with the
recent IrDA versions nor that there's a working protocol behind it to
transfer data or do the even more complex things like package installation.
Did someone successfully transfer data between Newton and e.g. A PowerBook
with IrDA (PB 1400 or 3400) and if so how?

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!
Marco Mailand