[NTLK] Connecting mac using asantetalk - Newbie problems

From: Russ Urquhart (russurquhart1_at_attbi.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 06:54:56 PST

Hi,

I'm a newbie on this list but have had my MP2000 for some time.

Before i had my G4 Cube, i had been able to connect my newton to a PC
at work via NCU on the PC and the Dock on the Newton.

Last night i tried connecting my newton to my mac. I have an asantetalk
box that i use for printing via appletalk to my printer. The Asantetalk
is connected to an ethernet hub that is connected to the ethernet port
on my mac. Under OS 9.2 as well as OS X 2.3, Appletalk is turned on.

I downloaded NCU to my mac. I connected my newton via the cable
supplied, and connected it to the serial port side of the Asantetalk
box. I loaded NCU and tried to connect via Appletalk from the dock on
my newton to my mac. The dock app, tries to find a computer. After a
awhile a button displays saying to change zones. I select the button,
but it still tries but does not manage to find my newton.

My question is that should this configuration work? I do not have any
ethernet card in my newton. Should i be able to connect to at least NCU
using this setup?

What setup can i use to connect to Newtsync on Jacguar?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Russ

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html