[NTLK] [ANN] New Articles Posted to the Newted Soupbox

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 19:10:36 PST

It's been a very long time since there's been any fresh content in the
Soupbox section of the Newted Community site. But awake my friends! Let
the drought cease! The first two of hopefully many new articles are now
available for your leisurely perusal. These articles were actually
submitted to me several months ago, but I have only just now had the time
and intestinal fortitude to publish them. Once again, I offer my
apologies for the tardiness to the authors of these fine tomes.

     Proxim Wireless Newton Primer Update
     By Tom Zahm

          http://www.newted.org/soupbox/wirelessupdate/

     My Newton Saga: Considering the Possibilities
     By Jeb Bolding

          http://www.newted.org/soupbox/saga/

In addition to these new(ish) articles, I have been busily re-editing and
otherwise tidying up several articles written by Michael Portuesi and
Phil Sykes back in 1998. These articles were originally part of the
Soupbox when Stacey Tenen was still managing the server. They were
removed from circulation during the redesign of the site when I took over
the wheel. Needless to say, many of the references and links to old
Newton software and developer sites needed to be scrubbed up a bit.

(Thank goodness for Google, UNNA, and the Internet Archive... not
necessarily in that order.)

Some of these articles are a bit long in the tooth, but I believe that
the majority of the information will still be beneficial to someone out
there. Presenting the first set of renovated Soupbox articles:

     Hidden Newton Keyboard Commands

          http://newted.dyndns.org/soupbox/hiddenkeys/

     PocketMoney Tips & Tricks

          http://newted.dyndns.org/soupbox/tips/

     Home Made Screen Protectors

          http://newted.dyndns.org/soupbox/screenprotectors/

     The Do It Yourself Stylus

          http://newted.dyndns.org/soupbox/stylus/

     Review: Karma Cloth Screen Cleaner

          http://newted.dyndns.org/soupbox/karmacloth/

     Review: WriteRight Screen Protectors

          http://newted.dyndns.org/soupbox/writeright/

     Using the MessagePad 100 & MessagePad 110

          http://newted.dyndns.org/soupbox/messagepad/

Got something to say? Think folks want to hear about it? The Newted
Community is actively soliciting Newton-related stories, reviews, and
opinions from individuals like you. If you are interested in writing a
article or review, please let me know.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/