Re: [NTLK] Ricochet and the Newton

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 13:16:56 PST

In my experience, using a Ricochet Merlin PC Card, while the Newton is
running on batteries, AND with the default store set to a PC Card in
the opposite slot, would eventually result in the card data getting
corrupted therefore requiring a reformat.

Setting the default store to "Internal" while using the Merlin card was
a successful workaround. If I did this without fail, I would never
experience any data corruption. I set up a Gesture Launch script to
toggle between the two stores and just made sure to always write to the
Internal store when using the Ricochet network.

Now that Ricochet is no longer available in the SF Bay Area, my card is
in mothballs.

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth
San Francisco, CA | and the life upon it that I cannot think of
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | heaven and the angels. I have enough for
Phone: 415-929-0297 | this life.
AIM: jeremybondsf | -- Pearl S. Buck
PGP key available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html