Re: [NTLK] overclocking frequency

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 23:07:57 EST

5mhz is the correct value. The only reason why the
program says that it's an invalid value is that it's
not a Pix solution value. There have been tests
performed by people on this list and Newts have been
clocked up to 225mhz, but they were very unstable at
that frequency. My own Newt, using a 5mhz crystal
clocks in at 218.924 mhz (see:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed/img0011.htm for the
actual picture)
I suppose you could get the Newt to go faster, but at
what risk to the data and usability of the machine? We
all know that a 5mhz crystal works perfectly, and the
crystals are relativly easy to get...but pushing the
envelope may lead to disasterous results. Be happy
with what you have! You'll enjoy the speed and never
look back!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Andy Roo <andy_roo_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:

> hello there,
> i recently overclocked my 2100, and i used the
> implant speed
> calculation application to determine that the new
> frequency is 215.5
> mhz. i used a 5 mhz crystal, as i thought the
> implant uses a 5 mhz
> crystal, but the application says its an invalid
> frequency. anyhow,
> does anyone know the frequency used in the
> pixsolution implant? also,
> does anyone know the upper limit of overclocking?
> could i get it even
> faster?
>
> thanks.

=====
May every SPAM you receive magically come true.
 -Spencer F. Katt; eWeek magazine