[NTLK] Hi again

From: Tracey Northcott (tracey_at_enfour.co.jp)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 22:51:18 PST

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your kind words.

>Hello Tracy and a warm welcome to the list, good to hear that EnFour still
>exists after all these years.

11 years and still here.. we have seen every single bubble come and go.
 :-)
Sure we are still a small company and those of you who are also in this
type of situation understand the challenges and sacrifices involved -
but it is the passion for what we do that keeps us here.

>> However are hearts are still with the Newton and we still support the
>> user groups here in Japan.
>
>Even better.

You should see our Newton "Shrine" in the office of every model ever
made.. We also have framed under glass a little collectable of a few
Newtons open with their insides showing. Plus I hope you have seen this
little gem we did in the "bad old days" following "The Announcment" that
changed everything. The guy in the photo is none other than my big
brother, Richard - Founder and President of Enfour.

<http://www.enfour.com/richard/NewtonNeverDies.html>

But there are still a number of Newton Maniacs around - we have worked
with alot of them over the years and some are still with us working on
various projects or as contractors.

>There were people looking for IrDA receivers on this list not so long ago,
>did you ever actually sell the IrDA to serial adapter you announced on your
>website eons ago? And (possibly even better) would there be a chance that
>you could make a IrDA to USB adapter?

Interesting that you should ask - please watch this space for more
details. Forget the USB option though...

I am also hunting around my warehouse for anything with a Newton label on
it - will keep you informed. It is amazing the little treasures that we
find.

Cheers,
Tracey

=================================