Re: [NTLK] 2100 won't recognize screen inputs and freezes

From: Sumit Roy (skroy_at_online.no)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 19:26:53 EST

At 12:22 AM -0500 23-1-03, Rodney Withers <mryendor_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> ....... I get the dialog box asking if I want to erase all data however
>the newton accepts no screen inputs from stylus. ... <

Recently had a similar problem with a UMP 2100, except that the message
that appeared on the display indicated that the battery needed to be
recharged. As nothing seemed to help, left it lying with the battery pack
in situ for several weeks. Then one day I connected it to the AC adapater
and switched it on and was requested to "realign the pen". Did so and the
Newton was functioning again.

Sumit

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html