[NTLK] mysterious highlighting and PPP dial in

From: David Getzin (dgetzin_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 01:05:11 EST

sorry if this got sent twice - I didn't see it show up in the list

Hello,

I have to things unless I can think of the third. The first is a
problem and the second is a Hope.

This is a problem that has come up only recently on my 2100. When I'm
writing something, things will get spontaneously highlighted (usually
the second half of the word) and over written. I have no gesture
software installed, and I thought it may have had something to do with
corrector plus, but even with the corrector switched off it still
happens.

  I thought of the third thing, here it is quickly-
When using the word by word dialog box correction, if I want to insert
the letter "m" it is always misunderstood as a scrub out gesture. - No
matter how carefully I do it -or how rounded I try to make the peaks,
it happens. Does anyone know of a non ambiguous way to write the
letter, or a way I could fix this. thank you.

Now the exciting hope. I just realized that it is possible to dial in
to my iBook running OS X 10.2-from remote locations. I know it can be
done with the airport base station which I have, but it would be nice
if I could do it straight to the laptop. It would save a good deal of
electricity. now, my dream is to Somehow enable my DSL via Internet
sharing over the line that the dial in is connected to. then I would
dial in with my Newton, and have my own home rolled ISP. in the very
least I would like to dial in with the newton and gain some sort of
remote access to the iBook.

  this would be wonderful, it would make my modem useful again- enable
e-mail checking anywhere there is a phone line. If anyone has any
ideas about it, or something to say please let me know.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

David Getzin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html