Re: [NTLK] My legendary 2100 won't wake up

From: This Old Newt (rich_at_thisoldnewt.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 21:08:08 EST

Quoting Rodney Withers <mryendor_at_yahoo.com>:

> I have a Newton 2100, that was once owned by Stacey
> Tenen. I have been using it regularly with no
> problems. I was out of town for a month, came back
> home, grabbed the newton, flew back out of town, and
> pulled the glorious power switch and NOTHING. The unit
> acts as if it's dead.
> I plugged in the adapter and tried the same - still a
> dead unit. I even plugged it up all last night while I
> slept and this morning - DEAD UNIT.
>
> Am I totally screwed? Any recommendations are
> apprciated.
Have you tried removing all power, battery pack, ac everything.
Let it alone over the evening
then in the am add ac power only
Hold down the switch as you power it on and wait for the erase all data option.

Rich

Keep the Green?

Rich
This Old Newt
www.thisoldnewt.net
Updated and Fresh Newton Information & Entertainment 1997-2003

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html