[NTLK] "Moire pattern" on the screen

From: Gerard Tripptree (gtripptree_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 17:51:33 EST

I have recently noticed what I can only describe as an irregular
Moire pattern on the screen of one of 2100's. The pattern pretty
much covers the entire screen of the unit. I can view the screen
clearly only when it is at the "right angle" to the light source. The
pattern is present with or without the backlight.

When I installed my Ser-001 upgrade and reassembled the case, this
pattern was NOT present (not visible?). It seems to have gotten
progressively worse since the case was reassembled, though.

Is this pattern somehow related to pressure on the screen or to some
other phenomena?

Thanks.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html